Sunday 31 May 2009

Whale watching trip photos

Because the Wollongong pelagic trip got called off and I couldn't make the rescheduled one (today, as it happened), I went on a consolation whale-watching trip out of Sydney. While a public whale-watching trip is nowhere near as good for birds as a dedicated birder-pleasing pelagic would be (I dipped on at least 10 species, probably more, that I could have added to my life list), at least I got good views - well, as good as you can get of an animal whose body is mostly below the waterline - of Humpbacked Whales and views of Black-browed Albatrosses.

Here are some of the photos I took on the whale-watching trip; I've also thrown in a snap of some obscure concert venue that sits on Sydney's waterfront, for good measure:

[caption id="attachment_153" align="alignnone" width="600" caption="A really crap pic, sickening when I think what I could have got if it hadn't been for the bloody weather. But, looking on the bright side, at least it's an albatross and it's on MY life list!!"]A really crap pic, sickening when I think what I could have got if it hadn't been for the bloody weather.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_148" align="alignnone" width="600" caption="'There she blows'...or something like that"]'There she blows'...or something like that[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_149" align="alignnone" width="600" caption="As most of the animal is below the water you don't see it that well"]As most of the animal is below the water you don't see it that well[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_151" align="alignnone" width="576" caption="Mother and calf whales"]Mother and calf whales[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_152" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Some obscure backstreet concert venue"]Some obscure backstreet concert venue[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment