Saturday 2 June 2012

A new beginning

I scrapped my old Blogspot blog 'Fay's Birding and Photography Blog' a couple of months ago as I had got fed up with it and it had become dormant (i.e. stagnant). I was doing very little photography and almost no birding so I felt that there was no point in carrying on, as I had probably lost my reader as well! I'd also got kind of disillusioned with the whole birding scene - everyone seemed to be seeing better birds and having a better time than me and I dipped on every rarity going! The hunt for my 'own' birds never turned up anything out of the ordinary either.
Not only that, looking at the superb photos from other birders on the net just made me want to chuck my camera stuff in the nearest skip. However, I am trying to get back into the groove and so the blog lives again. This blog will feature not just birding but other wildlife, such as mammals, plants and insects. I am also going to try and get decent photos of common species rather than poor photos of rarer species - if I am ever able to catch up with any!

I have not been out birding since early winter, although I did see a few new birds during my latest trip to Texas in April and I saw a living Roadrunner for the first time (the previous sightings had been uncountable ones of RTA victims). All those visits to the west of the state and I see a Roadrunner on a friend's drive in New Braunfels! I am hoping my next visit will turn up a male Painted Bunting...

I am still on the Isle of Wight, still living the same life and doing the same old stuff, although I am contemplating returning to Ecuador (or going somewhere else), possibly for good, when my elderly dog passes on. Once she is no longer with us, then nothing will be keeping me here...we'll see.

Hear are some photos of White-tailed Deer at New Braunfels, 30 miles north of San Antonio. Click on each one for largest size.



No comments:

Post a Comment